Hello Good People! I have missed blogging so much, was at some point wondering why I gave myself an extra 2 weeks after my holiday to resume blogging. All the same, the last 2 weeks have been so busy; I just know I would not have been able to write anything at all.
First, I would really like to thank all my guest bloggers. I think they all outdid themselves and I hope you enjoyed reading about some of the happy days they have experienced. Some didn’t write about their happy days but I am not going to complain, I think I was happy with everything that was written. Topics ranged from stray cats, engagement, family secrets, torturing sisters, strange tongues to imaginary elephants and self-generated happiness. I would really like to thank all who participated and also those who have kept on reading my blog.
Not to point fingers (or URLs!) but one Pappa was wondering why I didn’t include him in my list of guest bloggers….. So I have made a resolution to go on another holiday soon and I will be calling for guest bloggers again! The first post will be from Pappa! 🙂
Okay, an update on my things to do before my next birthday……..(127 days to go!)
- Lose at least 30% of what I weighed at my last birthday – HAHAHAHAHA. If only I had been serious in the last 2 months. I will not blame the time out that led to me adding on 3kgs. How do you NOT eat Italian ice cream in Italy? Or German sausages in Germany! I am now at 13% lost. I still have about 4 months. Let’s see how this goes. I still have hope
- Join a book club
- Visit Kisii and tour the town – I am planning to do this before Christmas. I have already forced my colleague Mo into this plan, thinking of inviting more people so that it becomes a proper road trip.
- Go to Mount Kenya Safari Club for the night – Not yet done. Crossing my fingers that this will be paid for me! Our local boss is planning to take the entire office there for a week. If the venue is changed I will have to make a plan….
- Read at least 30 of all the e-books that I have – This is such a challenge! I think I may have only read about 5 and that’s an estimate on the higher side. I should have just said e-books then I would also include new books that I have since obtained. I have to blog about a series of books I read while on holiday. Gave me nightmares, those books. And they were Christian fiction books! But they changed my life.
- Eat fish and chips in London
- Ride a roller coaster (I am so scared of heights, this is my dare you NJENVA moment!) I actually rode about 12 roller coasters. My favorite was this one and my worst one was this one.
- Become a member of the new church that I have started attending – Waiting for the next time they will announce new members intake….
- Join a ministry at the same said church – Dependent on number 8 above…..
- Learn how to walk in heels. Then I can graduate to walking properly in heels….. – I have lots of faith in this one. I got me quite a number of heels. I now walk in heels in the house but I still lean on the walls for support quite a bit… 🙂 I wore this one pair to the office last week and I felt like I had dislocated my left toe. Who created heels!? Don’t tell me who did, I might just punch them really hard.
- Have great hair for 30 days continuously – Thanks to tiny Kenyatta Market braids and cold weather this actually came to pass!
- Visit at least 4 children’s homes and volunteer to spend my time with the kids – My pal is planning a visit on 10th November so I plan to tag along get on with completing this target.
- Ride a bike in Nairobi (for some reason, I always ride bikes in other towns, but not Nairobi!) – My friend Shish made this sound so easy, I am wondering why I put this here. Yes, I am blaming her! 😛
- Visit Mercy, Irene, Justin and Mrs. Nyerere
- Get new curtains for the LOFT – I nearly got some curtains. Sigh. That didn’t work. So I am still using pillows to cover the lower part of my living room window otherwise the security guards will get a free show of the Loft’s happenings….. Seriously, can’t I just get nice curtains?
- Learn how to put on make up – Someone I know has opened a make up school at the Greenhouse. I am going to make an appointment for one class. When? I dunno!
- Visit the village every other month – I haven’t visited the village this month…..
- Hold a housewarming party at the LOFT (2 years later……) – Someone told me to stop calling it a housewarming party, the house is already HOT. This will happen early December. I need a sieve, shower cap, slippers, gas cooker with an oven, serving dishes/hot pots, large mirror, tv stand (goodness, didn’t think my wish list is that long!)
- Go on an overseas trip with JINK – Tentatively, this will happen at the end of January. I’m praying that the entire JINK crew will be able to travel. Seeing as there is a Mombasa JINK trip happening this week………
- Chat up a dude 2 dudes – Not done. And can people please stop asking me whether I got any telephone numbers during my holiday or whether anyone will be calling me regularly!? With that said, I really appreciated the dudes in Ghana. That should be a post by itself….
- Give away clothes that I have had from before January 2012 – I gave away another large batch last week. I included shoes that I hadn’t worn in a while too. I think if I make number 1 a reality, this will also become a reality.
I appreciate the time that you take to read my blog. Have a great week ahead!